Friday, May 27, 2016

Mommy Wars

One of my "friends" posted a pseudo scientific article (I am not posting the link) on FB about how it's ok to let babies cry themselves to sleep. The article attests that this form of "sleep training" is not in any way damaging!! W.T.F. I got so pissed at reading such FALSE INFORMATION that I actually wrote a simple response: this is so wrong.

I got the regular feedback "it may not work for you but it worked for us" "after 5 months I wanted time for myself" "there is no black and white answer" blah blah bull shit. First of all, this method didn't work for me because I would never ever do that to my baby. After 5 months?! What the hell!!!! Your poor baby was left to cry it out at 5 months!? Wow, that's great parenting. Just FYI, most (good) moms don't sleep for years. Yes when it comes to parenting there is a lot of grey but I'm sorry there is RIGHT and there is WRONG, especially when it comes to intimidation, abuse and neglect. I didn't actually write any of this; even so, I think I offended her and her supporters bc I was called "insulting" in a PM. I didn't respond, just unfriended. Biatch!  

This is not the first time that I've been seriously offended by something posted on FB (coincidently the mother who posted that Scary Mommy article wrote a comment how she too let her baby cry himself to sleep). I'm trying to not take things to heart or get depressed when I see kids with no structure, acting up, eating junk, being intimidated by their parents... But it's hard not to be sensitive! I once got so offended by a picture of a 15 month old drinking and iced cappuccino that I unfriended that mother immediately.

I've decided it's ok to judge other parents. It also feels good to speak up from time to time... Let the mommy wars begin!


No comments: