Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day Off


I used to cry all the time, for the smallest little things. I'm not a sad person, just maybe a little sensitive and tend to bottle in a lot of stress so it tends to come out funny. These past couple of months, I've been managing my stress a little better; in fact, just the other day I made the remark that it's been a while since I cried... until today. I had a Dr's appointment at 9:30, and being punctual as usual, got signed in at 9:20. At 10:30 I found it strange that my name hadn't been called... 10:45 rolled around and I asked the reception if there was some kind of mixup. She asked for my name, saw that I was registered and asked me to take a seat. 12:15 I asked her again and she told me my Dr had left for the day!!! Instead of getting mad I started to cry and shake and everybody felt terrible that I was somehow forgotten, my chart was misplaced, my name was erased.

Having missed my noon time spin class, and not being able to do my laundry at my parents' because of a snow storm, I was left home alone for the rest of the day with really nothing to do, so I decided to tackle #13 Clean out my closet(s). With Moka's help, I managed to fill 2 boxes, 2 garbage bags and 3 big paper bags with some of my clothes and shoes and girly things to donate. I still have more to do, but for now, I'm happy today didn't feel like a complete waste.

No comments: