Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 In Review


It seems as though as we get older, time goes by faster! On this date, exactly one year ago (already!), three resolutions were made... and for the most part, I'd say that they were met: 

1. Work out more seriously Though I didn't work out as much as I'd hoped, I pushed hard every time that I did, and even managed to run a 10km race in decent time. Thank you to my supportive family for being there to encourage me on race day (& Sybs for always pushing me)!

2. focus more on my artistic side I was forced to focus even more of my energy on work ever since my colleague left on maternity leave shortly after my anniversary; regardless, I feel like I lived creatively this year. I read a lot when I had some spare time, especially during my trip to Antigua, taken with papa to escape winter's cold. I experimented in the kitchen, indulged in a few fashion pieces (I really hope that counts), listened to a rich amount of music ... and isn't daydreaming a form of creativity?  

3. Make more of an effort to foster friendships Super crazy efforts were made to go out this year and I met some wonderful people in the process including Tza and MA. There was a friend I lost (miss you J), a friend I'm relieved to have lost, and for sure friends I lost touch with. So maybe I failed a little at this one... but I promise to carry it with me, always.


2012 also included a terrible week of evil sickness in the spring (thank you Mom for taking care of me), lots of playing with beautiful Ferial, a failed attempt to budget, and an unexpected happiness & warmth with Miko. Thank you for asking for a kiss and for not giving up on me...


For the year ahead, I look forward to my new resolution, that of staying true to my list of 30 things to accomplish. So bye bye 2012, I hope 2013 will be just as interesting, challenging, and amazing.

2 comments:

miko said...

How could I give up on a beautiful girl like you :)

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

Happy New Year Ings!!
Hope 2013 is everything you hope for... and then some more.