Saturday, November 20, 2010

Excuse me!?


During my lunch break today, I needed to return a pair of boots that I had bought last week (I know!! ... but I'm learning that I really don't need anymore shoes). I had planned a mad dash to the shoe store so as to have enough time to buy a lunch (my break is only 30mins). It was, however, the Santa Clause parade today and the sidewalks were packed with strollers and kids and parents holding cameras with the longest bulkiest of lenses. I wasn't going to let a visit from Santa stop me, I was determined. Yes, I was walking a little too fast and there were a lot of fragile kids around, but I'm also very conscientious, so there was no need for this dad to stop me and sternly tell me to be careful! I just ignored him, which prompted him to ask me if I understood the language he was speaking... !!! How old did he think I was to talk to me like that?! A teenager? Although, I did do something today that a normal teen may be inclined to do (besides rolling my eyes at a dad): I went driving toute seule, a first for this 27 year old...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never. Good for you.