Saturday, April 24, 2010

3 Day Weekend

WEDNESDAY

Those who spend a little bit of time with me notice that I get cold really easily. So cold that my fingers turn purple, my feet turn white and my lips turn blue- this is because I have really bad circulation. Wednesday I took the day off to undergo some tests to figure out what exactly is wrong with me! 4 hours, 8 tubes of blood, 1 pee in a cup, 2 x-rays and 1 lung test later, I stepped out under the warm sun to continue my quest for the perfect white shirt. It's called the boyfriend fit, and Club Monaco carries it, but the fit isn't perfect for the $100 price tag. The one at H&M is only $12 but the material is too flimsy. I found a nice one for the right price at the Gap but they didn't have my size in stock, so the search continues...

I always look forward to Wednesdays because I get to watch my favorite show: Fantômes chez les stars. It's a show about celebrities recounting paranormal experiences that they've had ... I know how it sounds and what you're thinking (kooky!), but don't judge before watching... and you should! It's AMAZING.


THURSDAY

I woke up at 6:00 and had the most productive morning ever! Before 10:00 I managed to:

- make crepes and coffee for breakfast,
- bake a lemon meringue pie,
- do ALL the dishes,
- do a load of laundry and hang it up outside to dry,
- and get ready for the gym.

After a super awesome strength workout on the bike, the rest of the day was spent watching too much tv and listening to music in front of my computer.

Here are some new musical discoveries thanks to papa:


days- escape the day


homesick (cure cover)- rosetta


1970 a gaze towards the lighthouse- rqtn


FRIDAY

After Friday's "sweat fest" at the gym, I rushed to the spa for some much needed beautification. I have a wonderful esthetician but she's on vacation until mid May, so I had an appointment with a new wonderful lady. When it came time to pay though, I was a little flustered by the sudden price increase and forgot to tip! :(

That evening, Sybil arrived from a long train ride from NYC (11hrs!!) and we went for a long walk, returning just in time to watch the Canadiens win 2-1 against the Capitals. In your face Ovechkin.


SATURDAY

With the fate of the Habs, my health, and the quest for the perfect white shirt still up in the air, the only certainty I have this evening is that I have 4 more days left to work before next weekend!!


1 comment:

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

one more day until the weekend... wasn't that quick?! :)