Friday, October 2, 2009

Montreal vs Toronto



I had a really bad day this week... On Wednesday, it being my Friday, I was already tired and anxious for my weekend to start. My shift began smoothly: not too many calls, a small argument with Benjamin but an extra 20 minute break to clear my head. About half way through my day, the general ennui I was feeling from being at work turned into something so much worse. I had a strange physical reaction after speaking with a client who ordered me to "speak up". I became one of those crazy girls us normal ones tend to dissociate with. My face became all red, my head started to pound, I couldn't see straight and could not stop crying... right there, at my desk, for all to see. I could not move, my manager asked me what the matter was but I could not speak. I was sent home early, took some Advil, and went to bed. The next day I got up early, struggling with my misery and headache to face another job interview. The questions were hard and I had trouble expressing myself. That evening, though still a little weak, I watched the first hockey game of the season with Benjamin and Octavio, who cheer me up more than they know with their random funny comments and general enthusiasm. After some yummy veggie pizza and coke zero (that Ben buys just for me because he knows I don't drink my calories..), all my worries disappeared. I'm ready now to face a new work week. 

No comments: