Sunday, October 11, 2009

I Face Monotony

I recently finished reading Julie & Julia, Julie Powell's wonderful memoir. Julie challenged herself to cook through the 524 recipes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking... in 1 year! She explains that before the project she lived in a “universe that had been subjugated under the tyranny of entropy […] fighting the inevitability of mediocrity and decay”. The project gave her a sense of purpose, of accomplishment, and of happiness. It changed her life and, for those who read her book, inspires others to challenge themselves.

Last week, my job changed somewhat and has now become much more repetitious. It's so robotic that my mind and body feel terrible at the end of the day. I face something worse than mediocrity, I face monotony. I want so much to find my “project”...


No comments: