Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bitter Sweet



Yesterday was a bitter sweet kind of day. The bitter stems from me finding out that I didn't get the job that I interviewed for two weeks ago. The sweet is that after 7 loooong days, I finally got reunited with Chocolate. I'm not going to lie, the week we spent apart was long, and I almost gave into temptation twice! Being able to satisfy my chocolate craving last night felt amazing and even comforting. But as much as chocolate can be satisfying, it can't mend the feeling of rejection that I felt. Like a lemur hugging a stuffed mom, the feeling of comfort lasts only momentarily, because it's not real. Strangely enough though, I'm not sad, because I know I'll always have some sweet in my life to balance out the occasional bitter.


2 comments:

andru said...

your hooked on that chocolate!!

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

Those cookies look YUMMY!
Sorry you didn't get the job... you totally deserved it...