Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quest for Balance

It has been researched that if a resolution is made public, it is more likely to be followed. So this is mine: I have decided to make a commitment to the gym and get back into my good old habits. The YMCA has always been a comforting place where I have met some pretty remarkable people. There's Cliff who, at 65, runs half marathons in 1 hour 40 minutes! There's Helen who hired me as a volunteer when I couldn't afford the monthly membership fee. There's of course Kevin, an energetic instructor who claims to be my #1 fan.



With my new work schedule, it will be easy for me to go on a regular basis, and I look forward to it. My schedule isn't set in stone though, and will change again in two months; but I'm not going to think about that. Another important resolution that I have made recently is not to let tomorrow's responsibilities or events affect today. So there you have it- Monday, Thursday, Friday mornings you'll know where I'll be!

1 comment:

andru said...

you best be fixing up your bike...

b-town b-rides