Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday Back



Today was my first day back at work after a nice week long vacation. On the first day, a Sunday, I went running in the morning and made up for it with shared pizza and a sugary Monaco in the eveneing. There were hurt feelings and tears on the Monday, but Tuesday's Nespresso on Appointment Time made things a little better. Wednesday was a much needed hair cut followed by “Sangria” on the porch as the sun was setting. Thursday was the first really hot day of spring, chocolate soft ice cream and a lovely italian dinner. Friday was a day of getting reacquainted with my bikes (my lovely red one and the one at YMCA) and taking pictures of my shoes to stick on their boxes.



Saturday was a wonderful last day spent with Benjamin: Noodle Factory, Dallas Green, and a restful happy sleep. Today, before the work week officially began, I finished reading Hope's Boy, the memoir of Andrew Bridge who, at 7 years old, was taken away from his mom and endured real loneliness as a foster child. The book moved me a lot and my eyes welled up with tears reading the last few pages. Tears of sadness for all neglected children and tears of gratefulness towards my own parents (and maybe a few tears from knowing that I have officially exhausted my last vacation days for 2009!).


sometimes (i wish)- city and colour

No comments: