Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Spirit




Today I had fun going through boxes & decorating the house with various Christmas trinkets. A little sad though because I can’t find my Ultimate Christmas Mix Tape: a selection of the best songs that my dad and I have collected over the years. Top 3 songs on the tape include:
3. Christmastime- Smashing Pumpkins
2. O Come, O Come Emmanuel- Belle & Sebastian
1. 80 Windows- Nada Surf:



Okay, not technically a Christmas song, but it makes reference to Christmas time, a tree, rows of lights, and contains the saddest chorus that evokes a kind of loneliness that can only be felt around the holidays: The moon is closer to the sun, Than I am to anyone.

Though I have a feeling the tape is lost for good, I was happy to spend time with my family, and also happy to be reunited with my favorite ornament:

No comments: