Saturday, December 27, 2008

12-26-08



Christmas this year was a little different. With my job requiring me to work on the 25th and with both my sisters away on ski trips on the same day, my family decided to celebrate Christmas on boxing day. We each received a gift from our secret Santa, my mom surprised my sisters and I with each a pair of really beautiful earrings, and we had the most amazing meal (which included three different desserts!) that ended with my mom’s special spicy chai tea.


The girls looking at all of today's pictures. Here are a few more:


Our tree


Vany, Mom & Sybs


Mom & Dad


Vany & Paul


Sybs & James

This week was a little hard: work was extra busy, the nights were long, and I even called my mom in tears on Christmas Eve because I so desperately wanted to be home... Today however made up for everything. When we were kids, Christmas was all about the excitement of receiving presents. As we get older, the excitement slowly fades, but it gets replaced with something even better. Now that the house is dark and quiet and everyone is fast asleep, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratefulness. Today was a really memorable day and I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh!
Love you Ings!
Mom, Van and Sybs xox