Friday, October 17, 2008

The Hour & The Mirror


I just finished reading* 26 newspapers in 8 hours. Here is what I learned:

- George Bush ended his final G8 summit meeting by saying: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter" ...Was he trying to be funny? What a jackass!

- Rafael Katigbak writes the funniest, coolest, bestest column in the world: Riff Raff.

- The European Organization for Nuclear Research collected $8 billion from European and North American countries to build a particle accelerator. With it, scientists hope to discover the universe's origin by answering the following question: does matter have mass? ...I have a question: how is this even justified? Forget social programs, world hunger, clean water, eliminating developing country debt; instead, let's use $8 billion to answer vague scientific questions that will probably lead to nothing.

- China's one child policy created a generation of only children that numbers 90 million.

- The Bell Beavers Frank & Gordon have officially retired.

- To cut costs, the airline industry has ordered pilots to fly without fuel reserves needed in the event of unforeseen delays (because it takes extra fuel to carry that extra fuel) ...the cost of a crash can't be less than the cost of fuel... can it?

- 2 in 5 Canadians are facing a diagnosis of cancer in their lifetime.

- Erotomania: scientific word for sexual addiction.

- The federal conservative government intends to cut funding to the arts by $45 million between now and 2010.

- The universe is between 13 & 14 billion years old.

- 57 million vehicles cross the Champlain bridge every year resulting in severe damage to the supporting grinders. ...Officially scared to cross the bridge now!

- The truth will set you free; but first, it will piss you off!

- I let 26 newspapers pile up in my room... A sign that I have been pretty lazy lately. I really need to get my shit together and start using that stationary I bought that is supposed to help me plan my days in increments on 30 minutes...

* I totally skipped the boring articles

2 comments:

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

very interesting- thanks for sharing! Now I don't have to read my 26 newspapers... !
:)

ingy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.