Monday, January 3, 2011

AHWOSG

I just finished re-reading Dave Eggers' A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. This was a memoir that I had read almost 10 years ago, and it had made such an impression on me that I have been declaring it as one of my favorite books of all time. Re-reading it after so many years though, my feelings about the book have changed... It's almost as if it has lost its charm. Maybe I just grew up, and certain things that may have impressed me in my youth no longer have that much impact or relevance anymore.

Youtube-ing the author, wanting to post a clip of maybe an excerpt of a reading, I found this:



I can't wait to read Zeitoun, a book that I'm sure will leave me with my original belief that Dave Eggers is one of the best authors of all time...

No comments: