Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Power Outage & Freak Out

Waking up half and hour after my alarm went off this morning, I only had enough time for a little breakfast (no coffee!!), a little makeup, jeans and a shirt and a sweater and I was out the door. Arriving at work at 6:45, I only got to my desk at 10:00 due to an unexplained power outage. The time spent waiting allowed me to think about the week past and a decision that weighed heavy on my shoulders for the better part of it. With choices made and time to kill without any caffein in my system, I had a good old fashioned freak out. The result of this exaggeration of sentiments was a loss of temper, gentleness and patience.


A friend once told me never to fret because life is always in balance- with the bad there will always be some good, even if you may not see it or feel it in the moment. Today I experienced this balance: feeling sad and alone, a funny joke made me smile; and with the loss of one job, there came a prospect of another!

No comments: