Friday, January 29, 2010

TED Talks

My friend T introduced me to something that I now consider to be a great gift: TED Talks. TED is a small nonprofit founded in 1984 that started out as a conference revolving around three themes: Technology, Entertainment and Design. Today, encompassing a broader scope of relevant themes and topics, TED is "devoted to giving millions of knowledge-seekers around the globe direct access to the world's greatest thinkers and teachers". So I'm going to start a new series to this Blog devoted to posting some of my favorite talks. Here's the first, one of T's favorites, and truly inspiring:

Ken Robinson says schools kill creativity


"We must see our creative capacities for what richness they are, and see our children for the hope that they are."

2 comments:

T said...

T approves. :)

I'll send you a list of some more of my non-techy faves, and the techy ones I'll post to my blog.

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

another amazing talk... and so true. And this happens not only at the lower level, but in universities too...