Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sauvage



The other day my next door neighbour was is my house chatting away with my parents, and I, I was hiding in my room until he finally left. I tend to hide a lot from people. It's not that I'm mean or unfriendly, it's just that I'm very private (despite this Blog!). My mom always urges me to say a courteous "hello" to my neighbours, for fear that they think I'm "sauvage" ... her words, not mine! I think I've always been a tad sauvage, always choosing to keep things on the superficial side with people. The result can be pretty lonely at times because friendships are impossible to maintain, let alone begin, and relationships are even harder. It seem that it's not in my nature to open up to people, to say how I feel or what I'm thinking. It's time I start making an effort to become more civilized- I'm going to share more of myself and also try to become friends with the people around me... or at least say "hello"!

No comments: