Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Long Hair & Lady Crushes

I have really long hair... much longer than the average girl but not make-over-show-worthy long hair (hmmhmm Sybil!). I have been keeping it long for most of my 20s as a retaliation against my tom boy teenage self. I take really good care of it, washing it every second day, using good shampoos and a weekly hair mask. It was in May that I had my last hair cut, and despite my care, my split ends are back in full force and deep down I know that I'm due for my biyearly appointment with professional scissors. The problem is that I can't seem to commit to a hair cut appointment. I made a total of three appointments and subsequently called back cancelling all of them with fake excuses. Thankfully the appointments were not all made at the same salon because they would have thought I was a lunatic (though I did use three different excuses for my own sake)! I can't commit to getting my hair cut... and it's getting me a little worried. I even had a dream the other night that a lady was telling me that my long hair was masking my insecurities... Weeeeeird.



I have two hairdressers, Melanie whom I see when I just want a trim, and Sara, my secret lady crush. I see her when I need a change of style, which is not very often. I think that when I finally do commit to my appointment, it will be with her this time. Did I mention she plays guitar in a band called Pony Up! and she sings too! ...So cool.


dance for me- pony up!

1 comment:

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

You forgot quotation marks:
It was in May that I had my last "hair cut".

The dream lady's right...
Your long hair IS marking your insecurities!
Cut it! It'll grow back... :)