Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Looking Forward

When I was in school, Time was seen in semesters and consequently I felt like I always had something to look forward too: a break, an end, a new beginning. As a full time worker, I feel like I lost that feeling of accomplishment and the possibility of a new beginning. I mourn the excitement and anticipation for “what's next?”. Now, though I still dream, it's a little sadder when looking into the future. My happiness and sanity rest on taking life one day at a time, and to look forward to the smaller things. As it is, I look forward to enjoying summer nights, just walking around outside or biking home, breathing in the night air. I look forward to seeing Julie & Julia in August (thanks Sybs!). I look forward to reading Craig Ferguson's memoir "American on Purpose" this fall. I look forward to seeing Tim Burton's interpretation of Lewis Carroll*'s Alice in Wonderland next spring.  




I look forward to Top Chef season 6! And in between, I look forward to my weekends and the small adventures they may bring.

*Fun fact: Alice in Wonderland was written by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson who used the pseudonym Lewis Carroll.

1 comment:

Sybil Hebert, RD said...

you're welcome! Did i tell you im reading her book?! Ill lend it to you when im done. :)