Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Balance of Things



I was sick again today, or I'm still sick for that matter. Did I even ever recover? Yesterday at work I was unusually tired and went to bed as soon as I got home.



This morning I woke up on the verge of tears because I knew what was coming... It seems like every year I go through something similar. Two years ago I couldn't hold anything down for 10 days in a row and lost almost a pound a day. One thing I've learnt is that one of the most important things in life, and quite possibly one of the most difficult to achieve, is balance. This has always been hard for me, and today I realize it's because I have a fragile system, prone to sickness when things get overwhelming. During school I only studied and neglected any form of social life. The period of time that I was the fittest, I was also unemployed. I blame my fragility and not my lack of willingness to achieve that balance. I often feel like that man, teetering, straining not to fall... sick.

No comments: