Monday, January 5, 2009

Soul Job

I want to retire Monday’s "...of this week" for a while. Lately, I’ve been feeling a little tired and uninspired, mainly because of my job. I want so badly to find another job that is, in essence, the complete opposite of my current one. One where I feel valued, by not only my boss, but by also by the clients I serve. One that offers a regular work week with reasonable hours, and statutory days off. I also want to be trusted that I will use my time efficiently (and not have every move I make monitored). I want my job to be a part of my life, not a hindrance to it. Most of all, I want to feel like I’m contributing to something special, something great, so I could go to bed at night (at a reasonable hour) and know that I have made a difference somehow. These jobs are hard to find, almost like finding your soul mate. The trick is not to settle, to put yourself out there, and believe that you deserve it- this is my Resolution. Once I find my soul job, I’m never letting go.


if i ruled the world- nas (ft. lauryn hill)

1 comment:

Prof K said...

Sorry to burst your bubble but realistically, there isn't a job that fits that criteria exactly. There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow though. Start your own business, that's as close to fulfilling your career goals as you will get. Don't think about it, do it.